Permits are required before anyone in the Riverway begins any of the following activities:
- Building a structure, including clearing or grading of land.
- Placement or replacement of a mobile home.
- Modifications of a structure or mobile home.
- Repair of a damaged structure or mobile home unless exempt.
On lands visible from the river, the following standards must apply:
- The structure or mobile home must be visually inconspicuous during leaf-on conditions.
- The structure or mobile home must not be higher than the surrounding vegetation.
- Use of glass shall be minimized.
- Exterior colors must harmonize with the surroundings.
- Slope of the building site shall be less than 20%.
- Erosion control measures must be implemented during and after construction.
On lands not visible from the river the following standard must be met: the height of the structure may not result in the structure being visible from the river.