Certain activities are prohibited in the Riverway. Prohibited activities include:
- cutting of woody vegetation unless specifically exempted;
- storage or disposal of junk or solid waste;
- mining or quarrying on lands visible from the river;
- construction of private roads unless visually inconspicuous and constructed with sufficient safeguards to prevent erosion;
- placement of signs on lands visible from the river other than "No Trespassing" signs;
- construction of piers (instead of piers, wharves up to 20 feet in length and 3 feet in width, parallel to the shoreline, are allowed); and,
- construction of boat shelters.