The permit process includes:
- Landowner contacts LWSRB for information and/or permit application to begin process.
- LWSRB Executive Director conducts a field inspection to determine visibility of site when viewed from the river.
- Riverway office prepares a general permit or schedules a visit to determine necessary conditions such as erosion control or screening vegetation.
- LWSRB evaluates the permit at their monthly meeting and approves permit with necessary restrictions or requirements, or acts to address state Riverway concerns.
- Construction or placement of a structure begins when landowner receives the permit and complies with applicable permit conditions.
- Compliance inspection by DNR or LWSRB during construction or at permit expiration date.
NOTE: The permit process may take as little as one or 2 days or as long as 5 weeks. Contacting the LWSRB well in advance of the proposed construction will minimize the chances for delay.